Stage Design Snapshot is an Instagram feed created by Erik Flatmo in February of 2017. It is updated by him on weekly basis. It provides a yearbook-style look at memorable designs for live performance in the recent past and credits the relevant designers by name, website and social media handle. All posts are proofed and checked for accuracy through multiple media sources.
Its goals are to:
- encourage group cohesion and professional identity for designers working in live performance
- stimulate conversations about design for live performance
- display the work of designers on a platform other than individual websites or theatrical “press rooms”
- showcase the work of designers based in different geographical areas of the United States and beyond
- create a channel for peer recognition of successful design work, similar in spirit to the way that the AIGA, CFDA and the AIA acknowledge their own through peer adjudicated publications and awards
- provide a resource for students, peers and anyone curious to know about various styles and trends in design for live performance in a given year